Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Comicles

Yesterday during Custody Evaluation 2009: Round 742589478957289, I was asked what is the best thing about my parenting. I should have said that 1)I am not responsible for this:



And 2) Clearly she got this "I'm gonna write a book" business from me. She's authored and illustrated about 10 books on her own. Don't mind the spelling. She's working on alladat.



And finally 3) I can kill an impromptu acoustic set-up. Like it's my job. Because it is.



Foo Fighters :: Big Me from the album Skin and Bones

Miles of squid vids forthcoming. These mofos have been rockin the face off the clock.

Foo Fighters just came out with a new song that smacks of Tom Petty (their last album had an obvious different influence for each song = amazing) and his heartbreakers. We're deep into lyrical harmony practice. They know almost all of the lyrics to 46% of all Foo Fighters songs. Makes a mama bloated with pride.



Wheels :: Foo Fighters

I know what you're thinkin'
We were goin' down
I could feel us sinkin'
But then I came around

And everyone I've loved before
Flashed before my eyes
And nothin' mattered anymore
I looked into the sky

Well I wanted something better, man
I wished for something new
And I wanted something beautiful
And wish for something true
Been lookin' for a reason, man
Something to lose

When the wheels come down (When the wheels come down)
When the wheels touch ground (When the wheels touch ground)
And you feel like it's all over
There's another wheel for you
When the wheels come down (When the wheels come down)

Know your head is spinnin'
Broken hearts will mend
This is our beginning
Comin to an end

Well, you wanted something better man
You wished for something new
Well, you wanted something beautiful
Wished for something true
Been lookin for a reason man
Something to lose


Amen, Davey el al.

After I tuck them in, I'm going to crawl into Granny's pink bathrobe, huff the mist from her perfume bottles wearing her glasses on my head and her lipstick on my mouth, cradled in the comfort of her neck pillow and how much she loved me. Unconditionally.

Just like I do my own babies. Unconditionally.



Putting the MED in comedy,
xodana

1 comment:

Patricia in TO said...

If Granny was a repressed Dana then Foo is Dana 2.0!

I think the Foo Fighters are tapping into your brainhole...you may have to start wearing a tin-foil hat or getting royalties!!!

Hugs
Patricia